Information We Collect
How we collect and store information depends on how you interact with us. You can use some of the Services without providing any information other than that automatically collected as described below (for example, if you browse the Services without registering or signing in). Several categories of information are collected from you, as described below.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
We may collect information about you during your use of the Services, including your name, username, password, email address, phone number, other contact information, payment information, and other information you provide or post on our Services (such as your goals, job information and preferences) or allow us to access when you do certain things, such as:
- Register to use the Services;
- Request certain features (e.g., newsletters, updates, and other products);
- Connect with the Services or otherwise allow us to access certain information about you via a social media service (e.g., LinkedIn);
- Contact us with a question or for customer support;
- Enter a sweepstakes or contest or register for a promotion;
- Participate in voting or polling activities;
- Make a purchase; or
- Post user-generated content to or on any of our Services.
You have the right to access and modify your data through the profile you create on our Services as well as through a request to sent to the contact information provided below.
Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online. Certain portions of the Services may be open to any online viewer that you decide to share information with via a link, email, “share” function, or posting that you send or we send on your behalf with your permission. Should you choose to voluntarily disclose information through the Services, such as via social media service connections or our blogs, that information can be viewed publicly and can be collected and used by third parties without our knowledge and may result in unsolicited messages from other individuals or third parties. We are not responsible for any publication or use of any personal information you choose to post in these locations or share.
We may automatically collect certain information about the computer or devices (including mobile devices) you use to access the Services. For example, we may collect and analyze information such as (a) IP addresses, mobile device identifiers and other information about your mobile phone or other mobile device(s), browser types, browser language, operating system, and the city, state and country from which you accessed the Services; and (b) information related to the ways in which you interact with the Services, such as: referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, the number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you used the Services, error logs, and other similar information. As described further below, we may use third party analytics providers and technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting this information.
Cookies and other electronic technologies.
Information from Third Parties
We may obtain additional information about you from third parties such as marketers, partners, researchers, and others. We may combine information that we collect from or about you with information we obtain about you from such third parties or affiliates.
Anonymous or De-Identified Data
What we do with information we collect
We use the information that we collect for the following purposes:
- To deliver and support our products and services;
- To process and respond to your inquiries and provide you with customer service;
- To contact you with information that we believe will be of interest to you (such as product announcements, software updates, and special offers);
- To analyze the accuracy, effectiveness, usability, or popularity of the Services;
- To improve the content and features of the Services or develop new Services;
- To allow us to personalize the content and advertising that you see on the Services;
- To administer sweepstakes and contests;
- To enforce the legal terms that govern your use of the Services; and
- To administer and troubleshoot the Services.
How we share your information
- We have your explicit consent to share the information.
- We need to share your information to fulfill your product or service request, such as with a service provider who is working on our behalf.
- We wish to contact you with information about products and services from our business partners.
- We have a good faith belief that sharing or otherwise permitting access, disclosure, use or preservation of such information is reasonably necessary in response to any subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process we receive, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims.
- We have a relationship with an affiliate or partner that you have an online or off-line relationship with, or have visited the affiliate or partner’s web site that links to or mentions the Everwise site, and have registered for Everwise online services through the partner’s or affiliate’s program or site.
- As we continue to develop our business, we may sell, buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses, or sell some or all of our assets. In such transactions, user information may be among the transferred assets.
We also may be required to disclose an individual’s personal information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
In cases of onward transfer to third parties of data of EU individuals received pursuant to the EU-US or Swiss-US Privacy Shield Frameworks, Everwise is potentially liable.
Online analytics & tailored advertising
We may use third-party web analytics services on our Services, such as those of Google Analytics. These service providers use the sort of technology described in the Automatically-Collected Information section above to help us analyze how users use the Services, including by noting the third-party website from which you arrive. The information collected by the technology will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Services. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on by clicking here.
How we secure your information
We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, to maintain data security, and to use correctly the information we collect online. These safeguards vary based on the sensitivity of the information that we collect and store.
The Services are not intended for persons under the age of 13. We require that only persons 13 years of age or older use the Services. By using the Services, you hereby represent that you are at least 13 years old. If we become aware of a user under the age of 13, we will make reasonable efforts to promptly delete that user’s information.
California do not track policy
We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on our Services for third party purposes, and that is why we provide above the NAI “Consumer Opt-out” link, DAA opt-out link, and Google opt-out link. However, we do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals, as the Internet industry is currently still working on Do Not Track standards, implementations and solutions.
EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Framework
Everwise has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield Principles through the BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, a non-profit alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States and operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers/ for more information and to file a complaint.
Please note that if your complaint is not resolved through these channels, under limited circumstances, a binding arbitration option may be available before a Privacy Shield Panel.
Your communication choices
Your California privacy rights
California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those parties. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please submit your request in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Federal Trade Commission
Everwise is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
18 W21st Street
New York, NY 10010